2019 • 02 • 21
Digyo Island is part of the Cuatros Islas tour you’ll make in this part of Leyte. The island may be small in size, but it more than makes up for it with beauty. It has powdery white sand and waters that are crystal clear blue. It is also a good place to camp if you plan to spend the night on one of the islands. There are sandbars jutting from the island’s north and south end for those who want to have a place for themselves.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: Daniel Z. Romualdez Airport, also known as Tacloban City Airport (Leyte); Mactan Cebu International Airport (Cebu)
- The fastest way to get to the group of islands is by booking a flight from Manila to Tacloban.
- Once in Tacloban, get on a van traveling to Inopacan; the fare is around P250 and may take approximately 3 hours.
- Once in town you can rent a boat for island hopping. The rates will depend on how big your group is and if you plan to spend the night on one of the islands.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
- Environmental Fee: P10
- Camping Fee: P50 (tent pitching); P200 (tent rental)
- Cottage Rental Fee: P300 – P500 (open/closed cottage, day trip); P50 (additional charge for overnight cottage use)
- Island Hopping Boat Rates: P2500 (maximum of 10 pax); P3000 (11-20 pax); P4000 (21-30 pax); P500 (additional charge for overnight boat rental)
- Others: P10 (maintenance fee charged by the barangay); P50 (maintenance fee charged by the LGU); P50 (charge for cooking)
- Relax on the beach, swim in its waters, take as many pictures of the sandbars and beachscape, and have a nice meal with the idyllic beach as your backdrop.
- For experienced swimmers, you can swim less than 100m from the shore to snorkel and discover the island’s beautiful underwater ecosystem.
- Bring enough money with you to pay for island hopping and other fees for your trip as you might be unable to withdraw.
- For those who don’t want to rent and pay extra, bring your own snorkeling gear and camping equipment.
- Bring your own ready to eat meals and drinks if you plan to spend the entire day or the night on the island. You can buy fresh food and have someone cook it for you for a fee. Leave no trace behind.
- Keep your things dry by keeping them in Ziplocs or a dry bag.
- Don’t be the person who was unable to take pictures because their phone or camera died; bring a powerbank or extra batteries.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- After exploring the four beautiful islands of Cuatros Islas (including Digyo Island), get more beach time by traveling to Kalanggaman Island or Canigao Island.
- You also have the option to visit Biliran if you’re up for a long journey.
- If you just want to spend less time on the road, you can explore the attractions near Tacloban City before returning to Manila or going to your next destination.
Where to Stay
There are overnight cottages on some of the islands or you may opt to camp out. But if you are planning to extend your visit to Tacloban, here are some of the recommended hotels according to Agoda users, in no particular order.
- Hotel XYZ. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Ironwood Hotel. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Z Pad Residences. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Hotel Estrella. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY