Albay has no shortage of island escapes. The town of Bacacay, for one, has Pinamuntugan Island (also spelled Pinamuntogan) – a cove lined with a beautiful beach and amazingly blue waters.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: Legazpi International Airport (Albay)
- There are daily flights to Legazpi via Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines.
- Once in Legazpi, go to the Integrated Terminal and get on a bus to Tabaco City (P25-35).
- Proceed as you may going by land.
- Take a bus bound for Tabaco City in either the Cubao or Pasay bus terminal (P500 for Non-AC; P900 for AC).
- Get off at the Tabaco Public Market and get on a pedicab to the Tabaco Port (P10/head).
- Here, you may charter a boat to Pinamuntugan Island for P2500 (good for 15 people).
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
- Entrance Fee: As of writing, entrance to the island is FREE
- Camping Fee: As of writing, FREE.
- Cottage Rental Fee: P400
- Docking Fee: P100 (good for 10 pax; P10 for additional person)
- The island has a number of cottages for rent so a beachside picnic would be a great idea.
- The sunrise too is incredible in these parts, so come in early and ready your cameras.
- You can stay overnight but take note that there’s no electricity here.
- There are also no stores here so bring enough supply.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- Pair it with a trip to nearby Vanishing Island for a full-throttle water fun.
- You may also visit the beautiful baroque Tabaco Church which has been designated as a National Cultural Treasure.
More detailed travel guide here: DIY Guide to Pinamuntogan Island
Where to Stay
If you are exploring other parts of Albay, here are some of the top accommodations in Legazpi City, the province’s capital, according to Agoda users as of August 2017.
- Lotus Blu Hotel. ✅CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Balay de la Rama Bed and Breakfast. ✅CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Third and Seans Place. ✅CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Casa Roces Bed and Breakfast. ✅CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY