2019 • 02 • 21
Natago Beach is one of the destinations included in island hopping tours from Alubihod Beach. Its shore has grainy, cream-colored sand, clear waters, and rock formations dotting different spots. It has a raw appeal and charm, ideal for those who want to get away from the crowds.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: Iloilo International Airport, also known as Cabatuan Airport (Iloilo)
- There are no direct flights from Manila to Guimaras; however, the island is easy to get to from Iloilo City. There are direct and regular flights operated by Cebu Pacific Air and Philippine Airlines.
- Tourists’ route of choice to Guimaras is via Ortiz Wharf where boats bound for Jordan Wharf in Guimaras run regularly. The fastest way to get to the wharf from Iloilo’s city center is by taxi. This is the port of choice because it only takes around 15 minutes to the island; the fare is approximately P15 as of this writing.
- Once in Jordan Wharf, visitors have to register at the tourism office where they can also board tricycles to take them around or straight to their chosen accommodations.
- A one way trip to Alubihod Beach, Nueva Valencia is around P250. This is also the area where most resorts are located. Natago Beach is part of the island hopping tour most visitors do from Alubihod Beach.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
- Entrance Fee: This is usually part of island hopping tour. Check the inclusions before booking yout slot.
- Guimaras Tricycle Tour: P1200 – P1500
- Island Hopping Rates: P400 – P500/first hour (P150 for succeeding hours; prices may vary depending on the size of the boat.)
- Natago Beach has a rugged appeal with its rock formations and grainy sand. Take lots of pictures of the beautiful beachscape, wade in its waters, and lounge on its beach.
- There is a short sand bar that connects two islets with large rock formations that appears during low tide.
- Withdraw enough cash for the trip before departing Manila or Iloilo City.
- Don’t forget to bring a dry bag and Ziploc with you to keep your gadgets, wallet, and money dry during the island hopping activity.
- Have a power bank with you to keep your gadgets charged.
- Buy food and drinks if you plan to have a light meal on one of the islands. Leave no trace/trash behind.
- There are times, though, when the owner (Natago is privately owned as of this writing) will not allow boats to dock or stay long.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- Go on a land tour for other places such as Guisi Beach and Guisi Lighthouse, Trappist Monastery, and Sad Sad Falls, just to name a few.
- Explore Iloilo as the city and nearby towns have vestiges of its rich past and history in its old houses and churches.
Where to Stay
If you are not staying at the private resort here, other resorts are located along Alubihod Beach. But if you are planning to tour around the island, here are some of the recommended resorts/accommodations in Guimaras according to Agoda users, in no particular order.
- Raymen Beach Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Cabugan Adventure Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Jannah Glycel Beach House. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Playa de Paraiso Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY