2019 • 02 • 21
Alubihod Beach in the island province of Guimaras may not have the powdery white sand of the beaches in Palawan or Boracay, but it has its own charm. The cream-colored shore, blue-tinged waters, and rock formations dotting the beach are picturesque in their own right. Relax, unwind, and rent a tricycle to explore the island or hop on a boat to explore nearby attractions.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: Iloilo International Airport, also known as Cabatuan Airport (Iloilo)
- There are no direct flights from Manila to Guimaras; however, the island is easy to get to from Iloilo City. There are direct and regular flights operated by Cebu Pacific Air and Philippine Airlines.
- Tourists’ route of choice to Guimaras is via Ortiz Wharf where boats bound for Jordan Wharf in Guimaras run regularly. The fastest way to get to the wharf from Iloilo’s city center is by taxi. This is the port of choice because it only takes around 15 minutes to the island; the fare is approximately P15 as of this writing.
- Once in Jordan Wharf, visitors have to register at the tourism office where they can also board tricycles to take them around or straight to their chosen accommodations.
- A one way trip to Alubihod Beach, Nueva Valencia is around P250. This is also the area where most resorts are located.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
- Entrance Fee: It depends on where you are entering from; there’s usually no entrance fee if you are not entering through a resort.
- Camping Fee: It depends on the area. Ask permission first.
- Cottage Rental Fee: It depends on the resort. The usual rate starts at P500.
- Guimaras Tricycle Tour: P1200 – P1500
- Island Hopping Rates: P400 – P500/first hour (P150 for succeeding hours; prices may vary depending on the size of the boat.)
- Alubihod Beach has a beautiful beachscape with rock formations dotting its shore, cream-tinged sand, and blue-tinged waters that will entice you to swim and takes several photos.
- Play beach volleyball or throw a Frisbee because there’s plenty of room.
- The beach is often the jump-off point for island hopping activities to nearby islands such as Turtle Island, Baras Beach, and snorkeling areas.
- As always bring enough cash with you; withdraw before leaving Iloilo City and have enough small bills and change with you.
- Bring dry bags and Ziplocs to keep your gadgets and things dry if you decide to bring them to the beach with you.
- Have a power bank with you to keep your gadgets charged.
- Leave no trace behind if you plan to have a picnic on the beach.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- After relaxing on the beach and wading in its waters, go on an island hopping tour to other places such as Natago and Turtle Island, Baras Beach, and others.
- Go on a land tour for other places such as Guisi Beach and Guisi Lighthouse, Trappist Monastery, and Sad Sad Falls, just to name a few.
Where to Stay
There’s a decent number of resorts near Alubihod Beach, but if you are planning to tour around the island, here are some of the recommended resorts/accommodations in Guimaras according to Agoda users, in no particular order.
- Raymen Beach Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Cabugan Adventure Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Jannah Glycel Beach House. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Playa de Paraiso Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY