Manjuyod Sandbar, which is a few hours away from Dumaguete, has gained renown because of its fine white sand and clear waters. It got the moniker “Maldives of the Philippines” because of its natural and comparable beauty with the famous destination.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: Sibulan Airport, also known as Dumaguete Airport (Negros Oriental)
There are regular flights from Manila to Dumaguete City; book your tickets a few months in advance to get the best deals and cheapest prices.
- 2Go operates a route from Manila to Dumaguete City; the trip is every Sunday only and leaves at night, you’ll arrive Monday night. The cost of the cheapest ticket is around P1680, one-way.
- Once you’re in Dumaguete City, board a tricycle and tell the driver to take you to the bus terminal.
- Get on a bus bound for Bais and alight at Barangay Calindagan, the fare is around P55, one-way.
- Once you arrive, get on a tricycle to Capinahan or Canibol Wharf, which is the starting point of your trip to the sandbar and other attractions.
- From the wharf you can rent a boat for the day for approximately P3500 (15 pax) to P5000 (60 pax) for the entire day, depending on the size of your group. This includes trips to the sandbar, mangrove, and a bird sanctuary.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
- Entrance Fee: FREE
- The sandbar is picturesque, with its clear waters and the mountains in the horizon. Swim and bum around the beach till your heart’s content.
- Explore the Mangrove Forest and the Bais Bird Sanctuary. These destinations are usually included in the package when you book a tour.
- Buy your own food and drinks for the trip because you won’t have a chance to once the tour starts.
- Charge your gadgets, bring spare batteries and/or bring power bank.
- Leave nothing but memories and foot prints.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- If you have a few days to spare, visit Apo Island to swim with the turtles and see multi-colored corals.
Where to Stay
There’s no accommodation available for an overnight stay on Manjuyod sand bar itself, but nearby Bais and Dumaguete offer plenty of choices. If you’re also planning to go to Dumaguete, here are some of the recommended resorts that you can find there according to Agoda users (as of July 2017).
- Acqua Dive Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Villa del Mare. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Sea Dream Resorts. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- White Chocolate Hills Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY