2020 • 06 • 02
More detailed travel guide here: Siquijor Budget Travel Guide
Siquijor’s magic lies in its beautiful attractions; one of the places of interest is Tubod Beach. It has everything you are looking for in a tropical destination — powdery white sand, dancing coconut trees, waters that are clear as glass, and shimmers in various shades of blue. It is the ideal place to relax, unwind, and just have a good time far from the stress of city life.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: Sibulan Airport, also known as Dumaguete Airport (Negros Oriental)
- There are no direct flights from Manila to Siquijor, but there are regular flights to Dumaguete, the closest province to the island. Cebu Pacific Air and Philippine Airlines ply Manila to Dumaguete regularly.
- Once in Dumaguete, you can hire a motorcycle to take you to the port, the fare costs P100 one way.
- At the port, you have many ferry options that travel to Siquijor. The trip takes around an hour or so and the fare is approximately P120 to P350 depending on the shipping line, class of the seat, and which part of Siquijor you’ll arrive in.
- From the port, you can hire a tricycle to take you to San Juan town and your accommodation in the area for around P250 to P300 per way. The price is mostly the same if you hire a tricycle to and from different towns on the island. You can rent a tricycle for a day for approximately P1000 to P1500.
Dumaguete is the most common and favorite point of entry because it is closer to Siquijor. However, you can still get to the latter if you pass through Bohol. There are ferries that travel from Tagbilaran to Siquijor for as low as P210 one way.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
- Entrance Fee: As of writing, there’s no entrance fee.
- Island Tour: P1000 – P1500 (Tricycle Tour, good for 3 pax); P3000/day (Multicab Tour, if more than 3 pax)
- Motorcycle Rental Rate: Around P400/day (excluding gas)
- Tubod Beach is the perfect place to just lie down on the fine, white sand and relax. The waters are calm, glass-like and ideal for wading or swimming.
- There are spots where you can go snorkeling. There are also scuba diving rentals in the vicimity.
- Keep memories of your time here by taking several pictures of the beautiful beachscape.
- Tubod is also a good place to watch the sunset.
- You can withdraw money while on the island, but it is better to bring enough cash with you rather than go all the way to another town because you’re short a few hundred or thousand pesos.
- If you plan to eat a meal or have a picnic on the beach, bring your own food and drinks, but always leave no trace behind.
- Bring your own gear if you plan to go snorkeling.
- Keep your devices charged by bringing your own power banks and extra batteries.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- After beach bumming and snorkeling in Tubod, there are other noteworthy attractions to explore in the province. Continue your tricycle or motorbike tour and stop by Cambugahay Falls, the old churches, Salagdoong Beach, the Balete Tree, Kagusuan Beach, and other places of interest.
RELATED TOPIC: Siquijor Important Tips
Where to Stay
Here are some of the top resorts in the island province of Siquijor according to Agoda users, in no particular order.
- Coco Grove Beach Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Infinity Heights Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- White Villas Resort. ✅CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Aquamare Beach Camp Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY