More detailed travel guide here: Siquijor Budget Travel Guide
Last update: June 2, 2020
Sandugan Beach in the town of Larena on the northern tip of the island. It is one of the many beautiful beaches on the island of Siquijor. It is the ideal getaway destination because of its bucolic atmosphere, white sand shoreline, clear blue waters, and the perfect sunset to cap off your day.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: Sibulan Airport, also known as Dumaguete Airport (Negros Oriental)
- There are no direct flights from Manila to Siquijor, but there are regular flights to Dumaguete, the closest province to the island. Cebu Pacific Air and Philippine Airlines ply Manila to Dumaguete regularly.
- Once in Dumaguete, you can hire a motorcycle to take you to the port, the fare costs P100 one way.
- At the port, you have many ferry options that travel to Siquijor. The trip takes around an hour or so and the fare is approximately P120 to P350 depending on the shipping line, class of the seat, and which part of Siquijor you’ll arrive in.
- From the port, you can hire a tricycle to take you to San Juan town and your accommodation in the area for around P250 to P300 per way. The price is mostly the same if you hire a tricycle to and from different towns on the island. You can rent a tricycle for a day for approximately P1000 to P1500.
Dumaguete is the most common and favorite point of entry because it is closer to Siquijor. However, you can still get to the latter if you pass through Bohol. There are ferries that travel from Tagbilaran to Siquijor for as low as P210 one way.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
- Entrance Fee: No entrance fee
- Island Tour: P1000 – P1500 (Tricycle Tour, good for 3 pax); P3000/day (Multicab Tour, if more than 3 pax)
- Motorcycle Rental Rate: Around P400/day (excluding gas)
- Sandugan Beach is a great place to take a break from exploring Siquijor. The fine white sand and clear waters will entice you to just laze around and swim.
- Sandugan is also a good place to watch the sunset because of its beautiful beachscape and waters that will reflect the changing colors of the sky.
- There are ATMs on the island, but always bring enough cash with you.
- The last thing you want is for your phone and camera to run low on power; bring a power bank or extra batteries with you.
- The area near the beach has limited and sometimes expensive food options. Bring your own food if you plan to just spend a day or an afternoon in Sandugan and save money. Practice proper garbage disposal.
- Going to and from towns can be expensive, so it’s better to hire a tricycle or motorbike for the day.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- After relaxing in Sandugan, you can go on a day trip to see the other attractions on the island such as Salagdoong Beach, Capilay Spring, the old balete tree, Cambugahay Waterfalls, and others.
- If you have more days to spare, explore Dumaguete’s destinations such as Apo Island and Manjuyod Sandbar.
Related topic: Siquijor Important Tips
Where to Stay
The list below might help you decide, so here are some of the top resorts in the island province of Siquijor according to Agoda users (as of June 2020).
- Coco Grove Beach Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Infinity Heights Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- White Villas Resort. ✅CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Aquamare Beach Camp Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY