2020 • 06 • 02
More detailed travel guide here: Siquijor Budget Travel Guide
When you hear the province Siquijor, the first thing that comes to mind is magic. If you don’t believe in the supernatural, the ‘magic’ you’ll feel is the island’s idyllic charm and beautiful beaches. Adding this island in your itinerary during a trip to the Visayas is something you’ll never regret.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: Sibulan Airport, also known as Dumaguete Airport (Negros Oriental)
- There are direct flights from Manila to Dumaguete; the two airlines that regularly travel this route are Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific.
- Once in the province, board a tricycle or taxi to take you to the port.
- There are many ferries that travel to and from Siquijor, the fare is approximately P135 to P210 one way, depending on the shipping company you bought the ticket from.
Dumaguete is the most common and favorite point of entry because it is closer to Siquijor. However, you can still get to the latter if you pass through Bohol. There are ferries that travel from Tagbilaran to Siquijor for as low as P210 one way.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
- Island Tour: P1000 – P1500 (Tricycle Tour, good for 3 pax); P3000/day (Multicab Tour, if more than 3 pax)
- Tourist Attraction Fees: Cambugahay Falls (P20 tricycle parking); Balete Tree (P5 fish spa)
- Cottage Rental Fee: Rates vary from one resort to another.
- Tourists go to Siquijor for the beaches. Some of the places to include in your itinerary are Salagdoong, Kagusuan, San Juan, and Dumanhog, just to name a few.
- Other attractions of interest include Cambugahay Falls, Capilay Spring Park, and the churches of Maria and St. Francis de Assisi.
- There are ATMs on the island, but bring enough cash to cover your expenses.
- If you want to upload photos and remain connected on social media, bring a pocket Wi-Fi because Internet connection is slow or non-existent in some of the accommodations in the province.
- Bring a travel buddy as visiting the destinations on the island can be expensive for a solo traveler, especially if you don’t know how to ride a motorcycle.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- After covering the best beaches, the waterfall, the spring and the churches, you can go diving, exploring Cantabon Cave, and hiking Mt. Bandilaan.
Where to Stay
Here are some of the top resorts in the island province of Siquijor according to Agoda users, in no particular order.
- Coco Grove Beach Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Infinity Heights Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- White Villas Resort. ✅CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Aquamare Beach Camp Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY