More detailed travel guide here: Siquijor Budget Travel Guide
Last updated: June 2, 2020
Located in the town of Maria, Salagdoong Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Siquijor, the mystical island that continues to attract visitors lured by its beauty and magic. It is a public beach boasting crystal clear waters – the wonderful translucence of turquoise and emerald dancing with the abundant marine life underneath.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: Sibulan Airport, also known as Dumaguete Airport (Negros Oriental)
- The fastest way from Manila would be taking a flight to Sibulan Airport in Dumaguete (about 1 hour).
- From the airport, you can hire a tricycle to bring you to Dumaguete Port, where there are hourly ferry trips to Siquijor’s two main ports: Larena and Siquijor town (1 hour, P135).
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
- Entrance Fee: P10-75
- Environmental Fee: P10-20
- Parking Fee: P20-40
- Cottage Rental Fee: Rates vary from one resort to another.
- On the rock formation that splits the beach, you will find two platforms (20 and 35 feet) for cliff diving, which most of the tourists visit this beach for.
- Snorkeling and kayaking are also other activities that can be done if one doesn’t feel like taking the high plunge.
- It is a public beach, but there is an entrance fee of P75 since it is considered part of the government-run resort, Hotel Agripino, which also offers accommodation and cottage rentals.
- There is also a cafeteria that sells a simple food menu and drinks. You can also bring your own without a corkage fee.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- You may arrange for island tour from Salagdoong Beach via “Carry” (small passenger jeepney), tricycle, or motorbike. Or you may rent your own motorbike to do it your way.
- Other non-beach popular attractions nearby are Cambugahay Falls and the fish spa at the Old Balete Tree.
Related topic: Siquijor Important Tips
Where to Stay
Here are some of the top resorts in the island province of Siquijor according to Agoda users (as of June 2020).
- Coco Grove Beach Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Infinity Heights Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- White Villas Resort. ✅CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Aquamare Beach Camp Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY