2019 • 02 • 21
Biray-biray Beach is one of the places you’ll visit during an island hopping tour around the Dinagat Islands. It has white sand, glass-like waters, rock formations, and a serene atmosphere. Located in the municipality of Basilisa, it’s far from the crowds and hustle and bustle of popular destinations in the Philippines. Those that make it to this part of the country will enjoy beach bumming and swimming.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: Bancasi Airport (Agusan del Norte); Surigao Airport (Surigao del Norte)
- There are no direct flights from Manila to Dinagat Islands; however, you can get flights from Manila to either Butuan or Surigao City. Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines have regular flights to and from Butuan, while the flights to Surigao City transit through Cebu.
- Surigao City is often the starting point for trips to Dinagat Island; if you arrive in Butuan, there are non-aircon vans to Surigao from the airport, the fare is around P200.
- Once in Surigao, look for boats bound for San Jose, which is the capital and the town tourists often go to during their trips to Dinagat. The fare for the boat ride is P100/way and it takes approximately an hour and a half.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
- Entrance Fee: As of writing, there’s no entrance fee.
- Camping Fee: It’s usually part of the island-hopping tour, so visitors don’t usually spend too much time here.
- Cottage Rental Fee: There are no cottages as of writing.
- Day Tour Boat Rates: P3000 (whole day tour of destinations around and near San Jose); P1500 (half day tour or select places near and around San Jose)
- Enjoy swimming and beach bumming or take photos of the beautiful beachscape.
- You can also play volleyball, Frisbee, or other activities while on the island.
- Biray-biray Beach is the perfect place to relax and unwind with the swaying coconut trees, quiet surroundings, rock formations, fine powdery white sand, and clear waters.
- Lake Bababu is another noteworthy destination because of its serene atmosphere and cool waters.
- Take enough cash with you before leaving Surigao City and buy some food and drinks; San Jose has stores, but the options are limited.
- For your island hopping activity, you can ask the habal-habal drivers for boat rentals or go directly to the tourism center. The price will depend on the size of the boat and group.
- Bring your own volleyball, Frisbee, or other things you’ll need for the things you’ll do on the island; however, leave no trace behind.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- After beach bumming and swimming in Biray-biray, finish the rest of the beaches you’ll visit in the island hopping tour before going to Siargao.
- You can visit Siargao and surf during the right season, and/or go island hopping (Daku, Guyam, and Naked Islands). There are boats that depart from Surigao City to Siargao.
Where to Stay
There are several resorts and other types of accommodations in the province of Dinagat Islands, but if you are extending your trip to Surigao del Norte, here are some of the recommended hotels according to Agoda users, in no particular order.
- Parkway Hotel. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Hotel Tavern Surigao. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Philippine Gateway Hotel. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Ey Miner Suites Borromeo Branch. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY