Baybay Beach faces the Sibuyan Sea and is also called La Playa de Roxas. It’s not your typical beach destination that has glass-like azure waters and fine white sand. Its sand may be grayish and grainy, but it has its own charm. It is a popular place for locals because of the affordable and delicious seafood served by restaurants along its seven-kilometer stretch of fine gray sand.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: Roxas Airport (Capiz)
- There are direct flights from Manila to Roxas City operated by major airlines such as Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines. Buy your ticket during promotional fares to get the best and lowest possible prices for airfare.
- From Roxas Airport, ride a tricycle going to Baybay Beach. The fare is from P20 (shared trip) – P80 (special trip). Travel time is around 10 minutes.
- If you missed the latest promotion for cheap tickets, you have the option to board a boat bound for Roxas City from Batangas Port.
- Board any Batangas bound bus traveling to or making a stop at the port. 2Go plies the Batangas-Roxas route every Tuesdays and Fridays, departing at around 10:00 PM and arrives at Culasi Pier at around 12:00 PM; the Super Value Class ticket (the cheapest) costs around P1214.
- Barangay Culasi and Barangay Baybay sit next to each other. Hire a tricycle going to Baybay Beach from Culasi Pier.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
- Entrance Fee: FREE
- Camping Fee: People don’t usually camp here as there are many commercial establishments lining its shore.
- Baybay Beach is located near the city center, making it the popular go-to beach of locals and visitors alike who are looking for a quick getaway.
- Baybay Beach is also a popular foodie destinations for locals because of the delicious seafood served at the restaurants near the beach.
- Walk its stretch from one end to the next, which is a good way to spend an afternoon or a couple of hours, and watch the sunset.
- Have a picnic or wade and swim in the waters to cool off during a hot day. You can also play beach volleyball or Frisbee.
- Withdraw money while in Roxas City before going on day trips to nearby attractions such as Baybay Beach.
- Bring a power bank and the charger of your camera or an extra battery to keep your gadgets charged if you plan to be out the whole day.
- Buy snacks and drinks for merienda or a light meal while you are away. Always leave no trace behind.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- After a hearty meal or two in one of the restaurants along the beach, visit the Sta. Monica Church (AKA the Panay Church). It is a National Historical Landmark and has the largest bell in Asia.
- You can also plan a day trip to Olotoyan Island.
- If you have a few more days to spare, go to Boracay for a good time bar hopping and lazing on the beach or head to Iloilo for Isla Gigantes.
Where to Stay
Baybay Beach is located just three kilometers from the city center. Whether in Barangay Baybay or in Roxas City, you will have plenty of options for your lodging. Here are some of the best accommodations according to Agoda users (as of October 2017).
- Baia Norte Beach Club. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Hotel Veronica. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Wallabies Hotel. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Roxas President’s Inn. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY