More detailed Sipalay travel guide here: SIPALAY ON A BUDGET: Travel Guide & Itinerary
Sugar Beach is the kilometer-long sugary brown-colored sand beach in Sipalay. It is an ideal destination for those who want to relax and unwind after exploring the underrated idyllic city of Sipalay in Negros Occidental. Sit back, relax and unwind while lazing on the sand and watching the sunset.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: Bacolod-Silay Airport (Negros Occidental)
- The fastest way to get to the beach is via Bacolod; major airlines have regular flights to this city from Manila.
- Once in Bacolod, go to the South Bus Terminal and board a bus or van bound for Sipalay (P210-300).
- There is no direct access from Sipalay to Sugar Beach; you have to alight at Gil Montanilla junction, tell the conductor you’d like to get off there.
- Once there, hire a tricycle to take you to Brgy. Nauhang (P100/way). After arriving at the barangay, you can board small boats to Sugar Beach (P20/person).
If you can’t find any transport bound for Sipalay your alternative is to board one heading to Hinoba-an, and then alight at the Sipalay stop.
Alternatively, you can head to the public beach near Sipalay terminal; look for a boat willing to take you to Sugar Beach. This trip takes approximately 15 minutes and costs around P300/trip, the boat can accommodate up to 10 people.
Travel duration is around approximately 5 hours.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
- Entrance Fee: It depends on where you choose to go and stay.
- Camping Fee: It depends on the resort.
- Cottage Rental Fee: Rates vary from one resort to another.
- Island Hopping Rate: P1500 (3 hours)
- Paddle Board Rental: P200
- Sugar Beach is ideal for beach bumming and swimming; other than these laid back activities you can go paddle boarding and/or island hopping.
- The beach is also a perfect spot to chase sunsets.
- Go on a food trip and try different local dishes when you eat at the nearby resorts.
- Bring cash as finding an ATM may be difficult once you leave Bacolod and the bigger towns on the way to Sugar Beach; most transactions are also cash only.
- Buy snacks and drinks for the trip there and for your stay; it may take you up to 5 hours or more before you reach the beach.
- Bring your own snorkeling gear if you do not want to rent or if the resort you’re staying in doesn’t have gear.
- Leave only footprints and memories, not trash.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- If you have a day or so to spare, there are a number of places to visit and things to do such as Tinagong Dagat, Danjugan Island, Punta Ballo Beach, Campomanes Bay, and food tripping at Sipalay Food Park.
Related topic: Bacolod and Negros Occidental: Budget Travel Guide
Danjugan Island Side Trip: Danjugan Island Important Tips
Where to Stay
There are many resorts along the long stretch of Sugar Beach, here are some of the recommended resorts in Sipalay City according to Agoda users (as of August 2017).
- Easy Diving and Beach Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Sugar Beach House. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Artistic Diving Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Punta Bulata Resort and Spa. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY