2019 • 02 • 21
Cebu is famous for its white sand beaches, lechon, and history. One of the places to add to your itinerary is Moalboal. It doesn’t have the same beaches as famous islands such as Bantayan and Camotes, but what you see below its waters will give you plenty of reasons to go and visit.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: Mactan Cebu International Airport (Cebu)
There are many and regular flights from Manila to Cebu City, which is the jump-off point to Moalboal. Travel time from Manila to Cebu via air is around one hour.
- 2Go and other shipping companies have trips from Manila to Cebu; 2Go operates this route Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. The cheapest ticket aboard 2Go is around P1260, one way including taxes. It usually takes 20 to 34 hours from Manila to Cebu via sea.
- It is easy to get to Moalboal from the Cebu city; go to South Bus Terminal and board a bus bound for Moalboal. The trip takes approximately two and a half to three hours, one way; the fare costs around P125/way.
- From the town, hire a tricycle that will bring you to White Beach; the fare is around P90 per way. You can also hire a motorcycle to take you for approximately P50.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
- Entrance Fee: It depends on where you choose to go and stay on the island. Some areas have no entrance fee.
- Camping Fee: It depends on the resort. Some of them allow camping, some don’t. Usual rate is around P100 – P150.
- Cottage Rental Fee: Rates vary from one resort to another but usually range from P300 to P2500
- Scuba Diving Fees: Rates vary depending on the operator, but these are the usual rates – Licensed Diver, P1200 (Initial Dive); Non-Licensed Diver, P2100 (Initial Dive)/P1500 (Second Dive)
- The main reason people visit Moalboal is for the sardine run, which is usually in the waters surrounding Pescador Island. There are many boats you can hire while in White Beach; hiring one costs approximately P2000 – P3000 (8-10 pax).
- Bring enough cash for your trip as you might not be able to withdraw money while in town.
- Bring your own snorkeling gear, if you don’t want to rent one.
- Moaboal has several beautiful corals and thriving marine life, don’t litter and avoid stepping on the corals when you dive and/or snorkel.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- For those who have more time, you can go beach bumming, snorkeling in other marine sanctuaries in Basdiot and Saavedra, and other locations such as the Plane Wreck, Sunken Island, and Tongo.
- You can also go canyoneering in Kawasan Falls on your way back to Cebu City.
Where to Stay
Whatever budget you set aside for your accommodation, you have enough options in Moalboal. Here are some of the recommended resorts that you can find in Moalboal, Cebu according to Agoda users, in no particular order.
- The Blue Abyss Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- The Blue Orchid Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Mayas Native Garden Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Marcosas Cottages Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY