Ilocos is a popular destination because it is possible to explore its destinations and its beautiful beaches over the weekend. One of the places to add to your itinerary for a relaxing day out is Saud Beach. It has cream-colored sand and cool waters, a combination for an ideal summer or weekend getaway from Manila.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: Laoag International Airport (Ilocos Norte)
- Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific Air have regular flights from Manila to Laoag International Airport.
- Either from your hotel or city proper, there are several tricycles waiting for tourists to take them to their resorts in Saud Beach.
- For those who prefer traveling by land, Ilocos Norte and Sur are accessible via Metro Manila’s bus stations in Cubao and Manila. The bus fare from Cubao to Vigan (Ilocos Sur) costs approximately P665 to P805, while those traveling to Laoag costs around P800 to P965 all depending on the bus company and class of the seat. The popular bus companies for these routes are Florida Bus and Partas.
- Your gateway to Saud Beach is either Vigan or Laoag; if you arrive at the former, you’ll need to board another bus bound for Laoag, which costs P120 per way.
- Once at the terminal take a tricycle to another bus station bound for Pagudpud, which costs around P60.
- Alight at the Municipal Hall because that’s where several tricycles are waiting for tourists to take them to their resorts in Saud Beach.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
- Entrance Fee: It depends on where you are staying or entering from. It can go from free to P50/head.
- Camping Fee: It depends on where you choose to pitch your tent. Ask permission first. Some allow camping, some don’t.
- Cottage Rental Fee: It depends on the resort/area, but it usually starts at P500.
- Tricycle Tour Rate: Around P600 (This covers Pagudpud area which can include Kabigan Falls, Blue Lagoon Beach, Patapat Viaduct, and Bantay Abot Cave, among others.)
- Saud Beach has cream-colored sand and cool waters, perfect for swimming and beach bumming in. Have a relaxing day or afternoon just on the beach.
- There is plenty of room for activities such as volleyball or throwing a Frisbee.
- Bring enough cash with you before going to the beach. There are many ATMs in Laoag and Vigan.
- Bring snacks and drinks if you want to have a picnic on the beach. Leave nothing but footprints.
- The shore is big enough for activities like volleyball, ultimate Frisbee, and even badminton.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- After enjoying and relaxing on Saud Beach, explore the many attractions of Ilocos from the Paoay Church and sand dunes to the Kapurpurawan Rock Formation.
- Other activities include traveling back in time by discovering Vigan’s old street, going for another round of swimming and beach bumming in Blue Lagoon, visiting the Cape Bojeador Light House, and watching the sunset at Bangui Windmills, among others.
Where to Stay
There are also accommodations lining the shore if you plan to spend a night or two in Saud, but if you are extending your trip to other places in Pagudpud, here are some of the recommended hotels according to Agoda users (as of September 2017).
- Casa Consuelo Resort – Island Reef. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Pannzian Beach Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Kingfisher Sand Sea Surf Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Natsuca Beach Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY