If you’re looking for a beach destination in the north, Palaui Island is a noteworthy addition to your itinerary. It has beautiful beaches, fetching views, cool waters for swimming, and other attractions that make your trip worth it.
Material: white sand and clear waters
Don’t Miss: Palaui has beautiful landscapes and equally beautiful beaches; some of the places to add to your itinerary include Cape Engano, Anguib Beach, Crocodile Island, and Punta Verde just to name a couple of attractions.
Don’t Forget: Palaui is a getaway destination, meaning you’ll need to bring cash, food, and drinks before going. Preferably do your shopping and cash withdrawals while in Tuguegarao City and/or at Sta. Ana.
If you have more time and budget: After exploring Palaui Island, spend more time exploring the attractions near Tuguegarao such as Callao Cave, the centuries-old churches of Tumauini and Tuguegarao, and the Pinagcanauan River.
Entrance Fee: P100 (Day trip); P150 (Overnight)
(The rates are only for Anguib Beach. Other parts of Palaui Island such as Cape Engano and Punta Verde have no entrance fee.)
Camping Fee: Camping is not allowed anymore.
Cottage Rental Fee: P2,000 – P3,000
(Again, the rates only apply to Anguib Beach. There’s no accommodation offered in Cape Engano yet, but you may ask about homestays in Punta Verde)
How to Get There:
Nearest Airport: Tuguegarao Airport (Tuguegarao)
– There are flights from Manila to Tuguegarao.
– Once in the city, leave the airport and wait by the highway for buses or vans bound for Sta. Ana.
– Once you reach your destination, follow the steps outlined below to get to Palaui.
– There are buses bound for Tuguegarao from Manila that costs around P600 one way.
– Once you arrive at Tuguegarao City, look for the vans that travel to Sta. Ana, Cagayan.
– The next step after arriving at Sta. Ana is to get on a tricycle that will take you to the port of Sta. Vicente.
– After arriving at the port, look for boats that will take you to the tourist spots. Rental prices will vary depending on where you want to go.
You have to pay P50 at the tourism office before leaving. A boat can accommodate up to 8 people max. You may end up spending approximately P3,000 to P3,500 for combination day trips and around P3,800 to P4,000, if you plan to do an overnight trip.
Where to Stay
If you have other places to visit in Cagayan and opt to to day trip rather than spend overnight in a resort in Palaui Island, the municipality of Sta Ana offers plenty of choices. Here are some of the top hotels in Sta. Ana according to Agoda users (as of June 2017).
Avalon Beach Club
Country Inn Hotel and Restaurant
RAI Atrium Suites