2019 • 02 • 22
More detailed travel guide here: El Nido Budget Travel Guide
Simizu Island, also called Shimizu Island, is one of the numerous islands dotting Bacuit Bay in El Nido, Palawan. This small island is part of the El Nido Island Hopping Tour A package, so it can get crowded during midday. As an alternative lunch stopover, tourist boats bring their guests to Payong-Payong Beach instead.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: El Nido Airport, also known as Lio Airport (Palawan); Puerto Princesa International Airport (Palawan); Francisco B. Reyes Airport, also known as Busuanga Airport (Palawan)
There are three possible gateways to El Nido from Manila: El Nido Airport is the nearest and the most convenient one, but airfare can be too steep. Busuanga Airport is an option to consider for those who are planning to do a Coron-El Nido tour. For those who want to enjoy both Puerto Princesa and El Nido to the fullest, Puerto Princesa Airport is the most popular choice.
- Coming from Manila, it will take you around 1 hour to get to Puerto Princesa International Airport. Check your preferred airline company for the flight schedule and airfare.
- Once in Puerto Princesa, you have three options going to El Nido: Van (P550-600, 5hrs); Bus (P385-480, 6-7hrs); Roro Bus (P290-380, 6-7hrs)
- From El Nido bus terminal, take a tricycle going downtown or directly to your hotel.
- From either the town proper or along Bacuit Bay, you can book El Nido’s Island Hopping Tour A.
Via van, there are shuttle vans at the airport or you may take a tricycle or multi-cab going to Robinson’s Mall where the van terminal is located.
Via bus and RoRo bus, take a tricycle from the airport going to Junction 1 (P8), and then ride a multi-cab going to San Jose Terminal. You can also hire a tricycle for P80-100.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
Simizu Island is the usual lunch stopover of El Nido Island Hopping Tour A. The tour package is inclusive of boat, lunch, life vest, snorkeling gear, and tour guide fee.
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour A: P1200/person
Note: The local government standardizes the tour rates. Island hopping tour operation starts at 9am and ends at 4pm.
- Eco-Tourism Development Fee: P200 (good for 10 days)
- Kayak Rental Fee: P700 (whole day, within operation hours)
- Simizu island is popular for its colorful marine life, so ready your snorkeling gear and appreciate the beautiful underwater scene while the boatmen prepare your lunch.
- Enjoy your lunch under the shade provided by the limestone cliffs or the trees.
- Have photo sessions. Make the most of the beautiful scenery.
- It is advised to wear a life vest when you swim or snorkel, even if you are a seasoned swimmer.
- Follow the rules at all times. Practice caution. Some parts of the waters are deep; if you can, do not go on your own or out of sight of your companions or the local guides.
- Charge your gadgets and/or bring battery packs.
- Keep the place clean. Practice proper garbage disposal. Leave nothing but footprints.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- Other places included in Tour A package are Secret Lagoon, Small Lagoon, Big Lagoon, and Simizu Island.
- Take the other tour packages: Tour B, Tour C, Tour D, or Tour E.
- Craving for the “natural high”? Climb to the summit of Taraw Cliff.
- Take the Puerto Princesa city tour.
Where to Stay
Whether you are looking for cheap accommodation or a luxurious one, you have plenty of choices in El Nido. Here are the top-rated accommodations according to Agoda users, in no particular order.
- Matinloc Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Vellago Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- El Nido Resorts Lagen Island. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY