2019 • 02 • 21
More about 7 Commandos Beach here: The 7 Commandos Beach and the 7 Lost Soldiers: El Nido, Palawan, Philippines
The 7 Commandos Beach is part of El Nido Island Hopping Tour A. Its long sloping stretch of fine sand and coconut trees welcome the guests after a long day of island hopping. It is yet to be confirmed how the beach got its name, but one consistent story is that of the seven soldiers who got stranded here during WWII. Whether that story is true or not, the important thing is happily spending your much-deserved holiday here before marching back to work.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: El Nido Airport, also known as Lio Airport (Palawan); Puerto Princesa International Airport (Palawan); Francisco B. Reyes Airport, also known as Busuanga Airport (Palawan)
There are three possible gateways to El Nido from Manila: El Nido Airport is the nearest and the most convenient one, but airfare can be too steep. Busuanga Airport is an option to consider for those who are planning to do Coron-El Nido tour. For those who want to enjoy both Puerto Princesa and El Nido to the fullest, Puerto Princesa Airport is the most popular choice.
- Coming from Manila, it will take you around 1 hour to get to Puerto Princesa International Airport. Check your preferred airline company for the flight schedule and airfare.
- Once in Puerto Princesa, you have 3 options going to El Nido: Van (P550-600, 5hrs); Bus (P385-480, 6-7hrs); Roro Bus (P290-380, 6-7hrs)
- From El Nido bus terminal, take a tricycle going downtown or directly to your hotel.
- From either the town proper or along Bacuit Bay, you can book El Nido’s Island Hopping Tour A.
Via van, there are shuttle vans at the airport or you may take a tricycle or multi-cab going to Robinson’s Mall where the van terminal is located.
Via bus and RoRo bus, take a tricycle from the airport going to Junction 1 (P8), and then ride a multi-cab going to San Jose Terminal. You can also hire a tricycle for P80-100.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
7 Commandos Beach is usually the last stop of El Nido Island Hopping Tour A. The tour package is inclusive of boat, lunch, life vest, snorkeling gear, and tour guide fee.
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour A: P1200/person
Note: The local government standardizes the tour rates. Island hopping tour operation starts at 9am and ends at 4pm.
- Eco-Tourism Development Fee: P200 (good for 10 days)
- Kayak Rental Fee: P700 (whole day, within operation hours)
- Because of its gentle waves, this beach is the perfect place to cap off the day-long island hopping tour. Revelers like taking a refreshing swim in the clear blue waters while others bond on the shore.
- You can also play beach volleyball or just sit under the shade provided by the coconut trees while watching the game.
- There are stalls and bars that offer different kinds of food and refreshments, from fresh coconut juice to beers!
- The refreshments are a little bit pricey here, but if you want to support the locals, by all means, go. If you are on a tight budget, you can bring your own supply of drinks. Check with your tour operator if drinking water is included in the package.
- Follow the rules at all times. Practice caution.
- Charge your gadgets and/or bring battery packs.
- Keep the place clean. Practice proper garbage disposal. Leave nothing but footprints.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- Other places included in the Tour A package are Secret Lagoon, Small Lagoon, Big Lagoon, and Simizu Island.
- Take the other tour packages: Tour B, Tour C, Tour D, or Tour E.
- Craving for the “natural high”? Climb to the summit of Taraw Cliff.
- Take the Puerto Princesa city tour.
More detailed travel guide here: El Nido Budget Travel Guide
Where to Stay
Whether you are looking for cheap accommodation or a luxurious one, you have plenty of choices in El Nido. Here are the top-rated accommodations according to Agoda users, in no particular order.
- Matinloc Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Vellago Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- El Nido Resorts Lagen Island. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY