Are you looking for an unspoiled beach destination? One of the places you can consider visiting even just for the weekend is Jomalig Island. It is part of Quezon province but is one of its most distant municipalities. Its relatively remote location provides you with the perfect place to get away. It has golden brown sand, an idyllic atmosphere, and a rawness best-experienced camping.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Manila)
- From Manila, board a bus bound for Infanta at the Legarda Terminal (Around P200, 4-5hrs). There are also vans going to Infanta in front of the bus station (P220-250).
- Tell the driver or conductor you’d like to alight at Ungos Port. If they won’t pass there, you can take a tricycle (P10).
- Once at the port, get on a boat bound for Jomalig (P200-350, 5-6hrs). Alternatively, you can buy tickets for P400 with a meal included.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
- Entrance Fee: It depends on where you choose to stay, but here are some of them — P30 (Kanaway Beach), P30 (Little Boracay), and P50 (Little Batanes).
- Camping Fee: P150 – P300 for pitching a tent in a resort’s designated camping area.
- Environmental Fee: P170
- Island Hopping Rates: P1200 (small boats); P4000 (large boats)
- Habal-Habal Rent: P600 (whole day)
- Explore Kanaway Beach, Little Boracay, Little Batanes, Salibungot Beach, and Manlanat Island on a boat or riding a motorcycle.
- Laze on the soft sand, swim in the turquoise waters, and marvel at the rock formations.
- Don’t miss the sunset on the golden sand beaches of the island.
- Bring enough cash for your trip to pay for boat fares, motorcycle rides, food, and accommodation.
- Electricity only runs for a few hours on the island, charge your devices, and bring a power bank or extra batteries.
- The ride from Real to the island is bumpy bring medicine if you are prone to motion sickness.
- Bring food and drinks for the boat ride as it can take up to 6 hours or more depending on the weather.
- Bring a dry bag to keep your things, especially your gadgets, from getting wet.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- Visit the other attractions and places in Quezon such as Borawan, Sariaya’s old houses and churches, and chase waterfalls in Real and Infanta just to name a few.
Where to Stay
If you are planning to go anywhere else in Quezon besides Jomalig Island, here are some of the top accommodations in the province of Quezon according to Agoda users (as of July 2017).
- Quezon Premier Hotel – Candelaria. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Queen Margarette Hotel. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- First Quezon Premier Hotel. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Queen Margarette Hotel – Downtown. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY