Colibra Island (also known as Snake Island) is an idyllic beach getaway for those who want to see more of Pangasinan. It has fine cream-colored sand and waters that glisten in different shades of blue. The rock formations dotting the beach give it a raw appeal and complete its beautiful beachscape. Add this destination to your itinerary to make the most of your trip to Pangasinan.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: Clark International Airport (Pampanga); Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Manila)
- Your first stop before getting to the island is Alaminos. There are regular buses plying the Manila-Alaminos route from either Pasay or Cubao. The fare for the trip is around P380 to P400 and takes approximately 4 to 5 hours.
- Once in Alaminos, get on a bus bound for Iba or Santa Cruz and alight at the junction to Tambobong; this will cost approximately P40 and may take up to an hour.
- Once at the junction, hire a tricycle and tell the driver you would like to go to Tambobong Beach; this costs around P300, good for three to four passengers.
- Once you arrive at the beach, you can charter a boat that will take you to Colibra Island for approximately P800, round trip.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
- Entrance Fee: As of writing, entrance fee is P25.
- Docking Fee: P100
- Camping Fee: Around P1100 for group camping fee with just one tent
- Cottage Fee: P150 (shed type)
- Island Hopping Rate: Around P1800 (including Colibra Island)
- The island is small enough to explore in a short time.
- Colibra Island is a good place to watch the sunset; you can catch it if you decide to spend the night.
- The beach is the perfect place to relax and unwind and get a tan.
- Take plenty of pictures of the beautiful beachscape (a combination of fine sand, blue waters, and rock formations) and leave your worries behind.
- If you plan to spend the night on the island, bring your own camping gear, food and drinks. Always leave no trace behind.
- Get the number of the tricycle driver you hired to get to Tambobong Beach as it might be difficult to get a ride on your way back.
- Keep your devices and cameras charged by bringing extra battery and a power bank.
- Be careful during your stay as there are sea snakes in some parts of the island.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- If you have a day or so to spare, you can explore the other attractions of Pangasinan such as the famous Hundred Islands and Bolinao’s places of interest namely Patar Beach, the waterfalls, the cave, and the viewpoint.
- You can also spend another night on Tambobong Beach before returning to Manila.
Where to Stay
If you are not into camping, there are a number of resorts and guesthouses near Tambobong Beach, but if you are planning to explore the coastline of Pangasinan and go further up north to Bolinao, here are some of the choice resorts in Bolinao according to Agoda users (as of September 2017).
- Puerto Del Sol Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Villa Soledad Beach Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Punta Riviera Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Casa Almarenzo Bed and Breakfast Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY