2019 • 02 • 22
More detailed El Nido travel guide here: El Nido Budget Travel Guide
Pinagbuyutan Island is part of Tour B in El Nido; it may not have the powdery white sand of other beaches in this part of Palawan, but what makes it special is the colorful and thriving underwater ecosystem beneath its glass-like waters. It also has a beautiful beachscape that is picturesque even when you take pictures from different angles.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: El Nido Airport, also known as Lio Airport (Palawan); Puerto Princesa International Airport (Palawan); Francisco B. Reyes Airport, also known as Busuanga Airport (Palawan)
- There are many flights to and from Puerto Princesa. From Manila, major airlines such as Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia have daily and regular flights. Buy your plane tickets months in advance to get the best and lowest possible price.
There are also direct flights to El Nido from Manila via Air SWIFT, but this will cost you more.
- Once in Puerto Princesa, you have the option to board the RoRo and Cherry Bus or one of the many vans that travel to El Nido. The bus option costs around P290-P480/way and the van’s fare costs around P550 to P600 per way.
- Once you arrive in El Nido, take a tricycle going downtown or directly to your hotel.
- From either the town proper or along Bacuit Bay, book El Nido’s Tour B.
Via van, head to Robinson’s Mall where the van terminal is located.
Via bus and RoRo bus, go to Junction 1 (P8), and then ride a multi-cab going to San Jose Terminal. You can also hire a tricycle for P80-100.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
Pinagbuyutan Island is included in El Nido’s Tour B package.
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour B: P1300/person
Aside from Pinagbuyutan Island, Cathedral and Cudugnon Caves, Entalula, and Snake Island are also included in the itinerary.
Note: The local government standardizes the tour rates. Island hopping tour operation starts at 9am and ends at 4pm.
- Eco-Tourism Development Fee: P200 (good for 10 days)
- Tour B Private Boat Rental: P1500 (small boat); P3000 – P4000 (large boat)
- Others: P700 (kayak rental, whole day, within operation hours); P150 (snorkel gear rental)
- Pinagbuyutan Island has a beautiful beachscape, but its beauty lies beneath its glass-like waters. Ask the boatman/guide that you would like to take the long way to get to the shore. Doing so allows you to see the many corals lining the beach. This route is quite tiring for weak swimmers, even if you have a life vest on, but it is worth it.
- The beach itself is a nice place to relax, unwind, and wade in its waters.
- El Nido already has ATMs, but don’t rely on these and bring enough cash for your trip. Some establishments accept credit cards, but cash is still used for most transactions.
- Food is included in island hopping tours, but you can bring additional snacks and drinks. Always leave no trace behind.
- To save money, bring your own gear for snorkeling such as mask, snorkel tube, fins and others you may need.
- Waterproof your gadgets as you don’t want to damage your phone and/or camera and lose the photos and videos you took.
- Bring a power bank to keep your phone and camera charged for the trip.
- Follow the rules and regulations. Bring your own trash bag to avoid littering on the islands.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- El Nido has other joining tours (A, C, and D) and places you can visit by tricycle or on a motorbike.
- If you want to have a slow day of relaxing and unwinding, go to Nacpan Beach. You can also watch the sunset in Marimegmeg Beach or Las Cabanas.
- If you have more days to spare, you can go to Coron, Linapacan, or explore the attractions near Puerto Princesa.
Where to Stay
Whether budget or high-end, you have plenty of choices in El Nido. Here are some of the top-rated accommodations according to Agoda users, in no particular order.
- Matinloc Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Vellago Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- El Nido Resorts Lagen Island. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY