Naked Island fits the description of beach destination — fine white sand and cool clear waters. It got its name because of its ‘nakedness’; there’s no shade or almost anything on the island. It is only a few minutes away by boat from General Luna. After riding the famous cloud 9 waves, Island hopping is the next popular activity in Siargao.
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: Sayak Airport, also known as Siargao Airport (Surigao del Norte)
- There are no direct flights from Manila to Siargao, but you can transit via Cebu and then another flight to Siargao.
- Alternatively, you can book a flight bound for Butuan, but you have to get on a van or bus to Surigao City to get on a boat traveling to Siargao.
- If you booked flights to Butuan, you’ll have to go to Surigao City first before you get to Siargao. There are regular vans and buses that ply this route; the non-air con van costs P200 per way and may take around 2 hours.
- Once in Surigao City, there are boats bound for Dapa, Siargao; a one way ticket costs P250. The trip to the island takes around three hours per way.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
Entrance Fee: Naked Island, along with Daku and Guyam Islands, is part of Island Hopping Tour Package. Entrance fee is usually included in the published rates.
Camping Fee: Since there’s no shade, guests don’t usually spend too much time here, unless they want to get a thorough tan.
Cottage Rental Fee: There are no cottages on the island.
Island Hopping Tour Rates: Rates range from P800 to P2000 per head, depending on the travel/tour agency. It usually covers three islands (Naked, Daku, and Guyam), entrance fees, lunch, boat for the whole day, and guide. Check the package inclusions before booking.
- Naked Island is a part of the island hopping trip which includes Daku and Guyam Islands. Naked Island is the place to go to for some sun, sand and swimming.
- Get a tan on the island; this is unavoidable because there are no trees or any place for shade during your stay.
- Swim in its cool waters to douse the heat and relax and laze on the soft white sand.
- Siargao has ATMs and establishments that accept credit cards; however, don’t rely on the machine because it may not work or dispense cash.Bring enough money for your trip before departing Surigao City.
- Buy some snacks and drinks you’d like to take with you during island hopping. Leave nothing but footprints.
- Prepare to get a tan while on Naked Island; there’s no shade, hence the name.
- If you go during surfing season, bring your own board if you don’t want to rent.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- After exploring, swimming, and beaching bumming on the islands of Naked, Daku, and Guyam, go for another round of swimming in Magpupungko Rock Pool.
- If you visit Siargao in the right season, test your surfing mettle by riding the famous cloud 9 waves.
- Dinagat Islands is also a noteworthy addition to your itinerary if you have extra days to spare.
Where to Stay
There are plenty of resorts and other types of accommodations in Siargao, here are some of the highly recommended resorts according to Agoda users (as of August 2017).
Isla Cabana Resort
Ocean 101 Cloud 9 Beach Resort
Bravo Beach Resort
Eddie’s Beach Resort Siargao