More detailed travel guide here: Coron Budget Travel Guide
Coron Youth Club or CYC Beach is part of island hopping tours you can book in town. The beach has white sand and clear waters, dotted with mangrove trees and rock formations that make for a beautiful beachscape. It is also a favorite destination of locals who want to have a good time with their families.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: Francisco B. Reyes Airport, also known as Busuanga Airport (Palawan)
- The fastest and easiest way to get to Coron is by booking a direct flight from Manila; Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines regularly ply this route. Book a flight as early as possible to get the best price for return tickets. There are now flights from Clark Airport to Coron; you can choose this option if you were unable to get discounted tickets for tickets departing from Manila.
- After arriving at the airport, board a van bound for Coron Town for P150 per person. Different Coron tour packages are offered in town.
- If you missed the promo fares, you have the option to travel by sea from Manila to Coron. 2Go plies this route every Friday, the boat leaves by 7:00pm and arrives at its destination around 6:00am the next day. The cheapest ticket, which is the Super Value Class, costs around P1510. Travel time is around 11 hours.
- Different Coron tour packages are offered in town.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
- Joiner Tour Rates: P1500 – P1800 per person
Note: Check the itinerary first before booking.
If your group is big and you want to charter a private boat and be in control of your itinerary, you can book with Calamian Tourist Boat Association.
- Standard Boat Rates: P2700 (2-4 pax); P3250 (5-8 pax); P3800 (9-15 pax)
Note: The rates above do not include entrance fees, guide fee, and food.
- Entrance Fee: As of writing, it’s FREE.
- Tour Guide Fee: P500
- CYC Beach is a popular destination for both locals and tourists as it is often part of a packaged tour with famous attractions such as Kayangan Lake, Twin Lagoon, and Barracuda Lake. It is a good stop on its own because of its white sand, clear and shallow waters, and fetching beachscape.
- The waters are lukewarm and shallow enough even for kids. Lie on the beach, sink your toes in the sand, take plenty of pictures, and just enjoy your time on the island.
- There are ATMs in Coron, but don’t rely on them as both locals and tourists use them to get cash. Bring enough money with you to cover most, if not all, of your expenses during your stay.
- Bring your own fins and snorkel if you do not want to rent.
- Lunch is included in the package for tours, but you can bring extra snacks if you want. Leave no trash behind.
- Bring a dry bag, plastics, or anything that can keep your gadgets and stuff dry.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- After going on one of the tours that include CYC Beach, go for another round of island hopping to the beautiful islands of Malcapuya, Banana, and Bulog Dos; book a tour with Barracuda Lake, go snorkeling in Siete Pecados or other coral gardens, and many more.
- If you have a few more days to spare, you can head to El Nido from Coron.
Where to Stay
There are numerous accommodations in Coron that can cater to every traveler’s budget. Have no idea where to stay? You may want to consider these highly recommended resorts in Coron by Agoda users as of September 2017.
- Club Paradise Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Bluewave Hotel. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Sunz En Coron Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Sangat Island Dive Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY