Located in Central Luzon, the province of Bataan is laden with history, notably during World War II when the Filipino and American forces were overpowered by the Japanese. Today, Bataan houses many industrial businesses, contributing to its economy. Aside from this, the tourism industry is also on the rise, featuring its historical sites, churches, natural attractions (mountains, falls, beaches and coves), and the popular open-air museum — Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar.
Opening the province to more business opportunities and tourism, the Provincial Government of Bataan and Magic Leaf Marine Logistics Corporation launched a joint project — 1Bataan Integrated Transport System (ITS) — to bring the province closer to Metro Manila. 1Bataan Integrated Transport System offers ferry services between Bataan and Manila, cutting the travel time from 3-4 hours (by land) to around an hour. We’ve recently tried this ferry service and we found it very convenient. Here are some of the things you need to know.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
Trip Schedule and Ticket
- Manila – Orion: 7:00 AM / 12:00 PM (Daily)
- Orion – Manila: 9:00 AM / 2:00 PM (Daily)
- Ferry Fare: P450 (one-way) / FREE (children below 2 y/o; sitting on guardian’s lap)
Note: Schedule as of October 2019
Note: You can buy one-way or roundtrip tickets. You may book online or purchase the ticket at the ports. The recommended option is to book online.
- SM MOA Esplanade Seaside Terminal. This is where you will board the ferry from Manila. The terminal is located beside SM MOA and Vikings Buffet at SM By the Bay. These two are your landmarks. The exact address is Seaside Boulevard, Central Business Park 1, SM MOA Complex, Barangay 76, Pasay City.
- Check-in. The counters will open 1.5 hours before departure time. Present your booking confirmation and your valid ID. The staff will give you your boarding ticket. Wait for the boarding announcement.
- Boarding. The boarding gate will close 30 minutes before the published departure time. Note that you cannot board the ferry once the coast guards are done with the checking and clearing of the ferry for sailing.
- Onboard. Find your designated seat number. The ferry is air-conditioned and very spacious, even ample legroom! It also has toilets. At the start of the trip, the staff will present the safety procedure and how to use your life vest.
- Port of Capinpin. You will arrive at this port in Orion, Bataan. The exact address is Barangay Lati, Puting Buhangin, Orion, Bataan.
- Free Shuttle Service. ITS features a seamless passenger transfer from Port of Capinpin to other parts of Bataan. There are two shuttle service routes: Mariveles and Dinalupihan. You may take either depending on your itinerary. You will see these shuttle services immediately upon disembarkation.
- Shuttle Drop-Off Points. Here are the stops for the free shuttle service routes:
Orion Port to Mariveles: Townsite (Limay) / Petron PRC (Limay) / Lamao (Limay) / Cabcaben (Mariveles) / Alas-asin (Mariveles) / 10th Avenue (Mariveles) / AFAB (Mariveles) / Mariveles Municipal Hall
Orion Port to Dinalupihan: Bilolo (Orion) / Ala-uli Pilar / Jollibee Balanga / Abucay Café (Abucay) / Calaguiman (Samal) / DPWH (Orani) / Hermosa Public Market / Plaza Dinalupihan
Note: Going back to Port of Capinpin, there are two pick-up points for the free shuttle service. Both are located in Mariveles, Bataan.
- Bataan Transport Terminal: 7:00 AM / 12:00 PM (pick up time)
- FAB Town Terminal: 12:15 PM (pick up time)
- Esplanade Seaside Terminal Opening. 6:00 AM – 11:00 PM (Daily)
- Parking. If you are bringing your car, the terminal has enough parking space. Here are the rates: P50 (fixed rate per entry), P200 (lost/damaged ticket), and P300 (overnight fee).
- ATM. The machines (BDO and Chinabank) are located at the terminal’s entrance.
- Food. The terminal has two other establishments — 7/11 store and MIHCA Cafe.
- The terminal’s amenities include restrooms.
- Pets and pregnant women are not allowed to board the ferry for safety reasons.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the ferry. This also applies to e-cigarettes.
- If you missed your ferry, you cannot refund or rebook. Rebooking can be done 5 days prior to departure schedule.
Still, planning your itinerary for your Bataan trip? You might find this article helpful too: 7 Tourist Spots for Your BATAAN ITINERARY.
Where to Stay in Bataan
There are many accommodation options in Balanga, the capital city of Bataan. For accommodations near the beaches, possible choices are Mariveles, Morong, and Bagac. If you are planning an overnight stay in Bataan, here are some of the best hotels according to Agoda users, in no particular order.
- Vista Venice Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar Hotel. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- La Vista Inland Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY
- Phi-phi Beach Hotel & Island Resort. ✅ CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY