The town of Mariveles, aside from its significant role in Philippine history, boasts of a topography contoured with pristine coves, pastoral hills, and view decks, as well as a number of beaches. Panoypoy Beach (also known as Hawla Beach) offers travelers a chill no-fuss time with its easy ambiance and laid-back vibes.
How to Get There
Nearest Airport: Clark International Airport (Pampanga), Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Manila)
– Take a Mariveles-bound bus either from Cubao or Pasay (P230-280). Should there be no Mariveles-bound buses in either of the terminals, an alternative would be to take a bus headed for Balanga and alight at the Balanga terminal (P200). Here, there are buses going to Mariveles (P55-60).
– Make sure to alight in the Mariveles town proper where tricycles are available to chauffeur you to the beach and to other destinations in town you might want to visit (P500 for whole day tour; good for two).
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
Entrance Fee: P30 – P60
Camping Fee: Camping is not allowed
Cottage Rental Fee: P500 – P800
- The cove affords an unobstructed view of the ocean where the sunset is absolutely gorgeous. Prep your cameras or just sit back and make sure to catch one of nature’s spectacles.
- No public transportation plies the route to Hawla Beach. The option for commuting is to rent a tricycle to get you to the beach and make arrangements for you to be picked up at your desired time.
- Food is available in the vicinity, but they are steeply priced, so it’s advisable to stock up with supplies before coming here.
If You Have More Time and Budget
- Go on a trek up Panoypoy Cove to get a 360-degree view of the ocean and the town. The trail is relatively easy, but it lacks tree cover so don’t forget to bring plenty of water and sun protection if you plan to do this activity.
More detailed travel guide here: http://www.celineism.com/2016/12/mariveles-bataan-travel-guide.html
Where to Stay
If you are planning to go elsewhere other than Kabila Beach, here are some of the top resorts in the province of Bataan according to Agoda users (as of June 2017).
Vista Venice Resort
Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar Hotel
La Vista Inland Resort
Phi-phi Beach Hotel & Island Resort